ABS-Lock SYS III Lifeline System 6mm | non-traversable
- National technical approval ("abZ"): Z-14.9-786
(In Germany pls. observe the provisions stated in the abZ)
- Ü symbol
- EN 795:2012, C & CEN/TS 16415:2013
- Compatible with most ABS Safety system supports
- Suitable for Installation on virtually any surface
- 6 mm stainless steel cable (V4A)
- Ideal for flat roofs (schools, gyms, warehouses etc.)
- Simultaneous protection for up to 4 individuals
Product description ABS-Lock SYS III
Working whilst hooked up to a lifeline system
Our ABS-Lock SYS III system secures dangerous edges on buildings, roofs, in halls and in the vicinity of industrial machines. This lifeline system is based on a 6 mm stainless steel cable and is designed for the simultaneous protection of up to 4 individuals working at heights. Furthermore, in the case of a fall, using a stainless steel ABS ForceLimiter reduces the ensuing force to an absolute minimum. Your workers can use our ABS-Lock SYS III system as an anchorage facility - all they need is a suitable carabiner or one of our ABS RopeGlide gliders.
Our flexible ABS-Lock SYS III stainless steel cable can be easily led around obstacles and corners. Thanks to the pully wheel the rope routing can be shaped flexible from 0-180° (Hint: Utilization of ABS LockEye as corner redirection is not more allowed on account of changings in national standards.)
The ABS-Lock SYS III lifeline system offers you a cost-efficient, standard solution (non-traversable). If you are looking for more flexibility and ease of usage, you will find our fully-traversable ABS-Lock SYS II (8 mm) and ABS-Lock SYS IV (6 mm) systems just perfect.
Use a lanyard with 2 carabiners, such as our ABS Lanyard Variant Y-Lanyard (dual band) model, to guarantee your continued safety when deploying our ABS-Lock SYS III system. Your workers remain secure at all times by simply switchng the carabiners from one section to the next at the intermediate supports. All ABS Safety lifeline systems have been tested in accordance with DIN EN 795, class C, and are built using components manufactured solely from weatherproof stainless steel materials (V4A or V2A).
Support & Downloads
- ABS Lock SYS I & III non-traversable lifeline system | Manual 4.0 MB
- ABS Clevis for ABS-Lock SYS lifeline systems | Manual 617.1 KB
- ABS Universal attachment bracket for ABS-Lock SYS lifeline systems | Manual 981.4 KB
- ABS-Lock SYS III Horizontal Lifeline System | Certificate 1.4 MB
- ABS-Lock SYS | Basics lifeline systems 279.3 KB
Positioning intermediate supports
Our ABS-Lock SYS lifeline system is licensed for a maximum distance of 10 meters between adjacent supports. However, only in exceptional cases can this be practically implemented. Therefore, we recommend planning the following distances for installation on the surfaces listed below:
- Concrete: 7-10 m
- Rigid steel structures: 7-10 m
- Trapezoidal sheeting: 7-8 m
- Sandwich panels: 7-8 m
- Metal seam roofs: 7-8 m
- Wooden structures (beams/cladding): 7-8 m
- Hollow core slabs: 7-8 m
Please also note: The greater the distance between the individual intermediate supports, the more difficult it is to offset cable sag.