ABS-Lock SYS II Lifeline System 8mm | traversable
- National technical approval ("abZ"): Z-14.9-786
(In Germany pls. observe the provisions stated in the abZ)
- Ü symbol
- EN 795:2012, C & CEN/TS 16415:2013
- Fully-traversable intermediate brackets and corner elements
- Suitable for installation on virtually any surface
- Robust 8 mm stainless steel cable (V4A)
- Ideal for overhead installation
- Designed for facades, crane ways and filling plants as well as bus, plane and train maintenance halls etc.
- Simultaneous protection for up to 4 individuals
Product description ABS-Lock SYS II
Overhead lifeline system with self-retracting lifeline
Our ABS-Lock SYS II is a fully-traversable lifeline system based on a Ø 8mm stainless steel cable. Implement this system for a hard-wearing, continuous overhead anchorage solution: The extra-rigid cable reduces the amount of pull on the cable when a self-retracting lifeline is attached. Our special ABS ProSlide aluminum glider and the aluminium roller glider ABS SkyRoll offer the ultimate in maneuverability, and run smoothly over the intermediate and corner elements.
Our traversable ABS TI-FlexCurve element is extremely easy to use and install. This curve element allows you to run your lifeline system easily around an obstacle or to even out a difference in height - with minimal effort: Simply adjust our ABS TI-FlexCurve manually to the required angle.
This lifeline system provides ultimate protection when working in the fall danger zone inside an industrial, maintenance or event hall. This is also a popular system for use on roofs and facades. Our range of products also includes an alternative solution - our fully-traversable ABS-Lock SYS IV system. This system is based on a somewhat lighter 6mm stainless steel cable.
Our ABS-Lock SYS II lifeline system has been tested in accordance with EN 795, type C. All the components of this anchorage system are manufactured from high quality 1.4401 V4A stainless steel. The system can secure up to 4 individuals simultaneously. Each worker needs his/her own individual glider which is simply hooked onto the stainless steel cable. You can choose between our ABS ProSlide allrounder model and our super convenient ABS SkyRoll roller glider.
Furthermore, in the case of a fall, using a stainless steel ABS ForceLimiter reduces the ensuing force to an absolute minimum.
Do you need matching personal fall protection equipment (PPE)? We also cover this segment and can offer you a broad selection of high quality products for a wide array of different applications: Click here for more information on our safety harnesses, lanyards and lots more.
Support & Downloads
- ABS Lock SYS II & IV traversable lifeline system | Manual 3.9 MB
- ABS Clevis for ABS-Lock SYS lifeline systems | Manual 617.1 KB
- ABS Universal attachment bracket for ABS-Lock SYS lifeline systems | Manual 981.4 KB
- ABS SZH-S traversable stainless steel bracket for ABS-Lock SYS II | Manual 1.1 MB
- ABS TI-Bracket 8mm | Item drawing 55.6 KB
- ABS-Lock SYS II Horizontal Lifeline System | Certificate 1.3 MB
- ABS-Lock SYS | Basics lifeline systems 279.3 KB
Positioning intermediate supports
Our ABS-Lock SYS lifeline system is licensed for a maximum distance of 10 meters between adjacent supports. However, only in exceptional cases can this be practically implemented. Therefore, we recommend planning the following distances for installation on the surfaces listed below:
- Concrete: 7-10 m
- Rigid steel structures: 7-10 m
- Trapezoidal sheeting: 7-8 m
- Sandwich panels: 7-8 m
- Metal seam roofs: 7-8 m
- Wooden structures (beams/cladding): 7-8 m
- Hollow core slabs: 7-8 m
Please also note: The greater the distance between the individual intermediate supports, the more difficult it is to offset cable sag.